Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How To Decrease Postage Money Despite Upcoming Spike

Have you heard the news this morning? The cost of a 1st class postage stamp is going up 2 cents this May. Do me a favor, though - please don't jump off a bridge. Even worse than that - please, please, please do NOT stop using direct mail!!!


I know what you are probably thinking, "That's it! I don't care what Jeff says. The cost is now way too high for me. From now on, I will be contacting my database electronically or at best with a postcard. That's it. I'm through with 1st class mail - especially in this recession. Goodnight Irene!"


Before you come to that conclussion, let me put you at ease and show you how to actually decrease your postage costs and still effectively communicate with your clients.


1) Purchase Forever Stamps. If you have any extra money at all right now (and I know it's tough), buy a couple of rolls of Forever Stamps. 2 rolls would cost $84. That's 200 mailings!
And think of it this way - most massage therapists don't have a large database to begin with. Unfortunately, many have no database at all - just a collection of some names and phone numbers. So it's not like I'm suggesting that you purchase a mailing list of 3,000 names from a mailing list company and send them all a letter, which would cost you $1,320 after the upcoming increase. No. If you're like most therapists, you probably have a few dozen names and addresses. That's not much.


Plus, think about all of the other ways that you may be spending money to promote your practice with little or no results. I'm continually amazed at the amount of emails I still receive from therapists who refuse to spend $42 on a roll of stamps, but have no problem at all spending hundreds of dollars on advertising that never pays off. (I'm still trying to figure that logic out. They still don't understand why that approach doesn't work in most cases, but that's a topic for another blog posting)


2) Don't Contact Your Database With 1st Class Mail Only. Even though I'm still a huge fan of direct mail, you should be contacting your clients using a number of different ways. For example, let's say that this month you mail a letter with a stamp. Next month, you could contact them via email. The next month you could send them a postcard, which is cheaper than a 1st class stamp. The following month you could send them your newsletter via email (if they prefer it that way). That way, you can contact them 4 different ways in 4 months and it will only cost you 73 cents per person after the increase takes effect. That's not a hard pill to swallow, is it? Not only that, but you'll be keeping your marketing fresh because they're not receiving your message in the same format every single time.


3) Everything Else Is Increasing As Well. Remember, the cost of everything is going up these days - even traditional newspaper advertising. So, yes, postage will be increasing shortly, but the post office isn't alone. I've heard talk on one of the news channels just the other day about how the cost of all newspapers is probably going to increase soon. That means that advertising costs will go up along with it.


COMING SOON: "How Any Massage Therapist Can Have A Full Schedule Of Clients Waiting For Them Without Doing Any Advertising Whatsoever, No Web Site, And Without Any Awkward Selling By Having A Hybrid Massage Practice"


Sound too good to be true? It's not! I've just finished my newest, funnest, and easiest to implement marketing kit that teaches you how to have a Hybrid Massage Practice. I've designed it to answer this ONE simple question:


“How Can I Effortlessly Attract New Clients On A Consistent Basis Using Marketing Methods That Are Not Only Comfortable And Fun For Both Myself And My Prospects, But Are Done In Such A Cool Way That They Become Repeat Clients Which Are Happy And Eager To Tell Others About My Massage Practice Without Any Convincing From Me?”


Pretty powerful question, huh? Well my good friends, I've spent the last year listening to your wants and needs concerning your massage goals and I've created a system that easily answers that question. It is the most fool-proof system to quickly build your own massage therapy practice, especially if:


1. You’re just out of massage school and are not sure how to either find work or generate clients on your own
2. You’ve been a licensed massage therapist for some time, but either aren’t working or are at best underemployed
3. You are employed, but not happy with your current work situation
4. You opened your own establishment, but are having an extremely difficult time paying your overhead plus your own personal living expenses and are on the brink of closing down
5. You would like to be your own boss, but can’t afford to rent space, have no clue how to attract clients, and definitely do not want to be an employee


My lovely wife Cheryl is editing it right now. It should hopefully be released sometime in March or April. And remember - only those therapists who entered their mailing address (not just an email address) will be the first to receive it at a discounted price before my new web site is launched. So if you haven't done so already, please go to UltimateMassageSuccess.com to be on my mailing list and be contacted first.



See you next time!

No comments: