Thursday, December 4, 2008

3 Easy And Inexpensive Ways To Recession-Proof Your Massage Practice

I'm not going to beat around the bush - it's scary right now! Every day when I tune into CNN to keep up with what's happening in the economy, it gets more and more depressing. Heck, I've even noticed a slow down in my own massage practice. But now is not the time to cry, 'Whoa is me'. You MUST double or even triple your marketing efforts if you want to survive until the recession bottoms out.

If you're still in massage school and you're wondering how to start a massage therapy business, the current recession can actually be a good thing in the long run. Most timid massage therapists will simply give up. That's good for you! That weeds out the competition. Only the strong will survive. That is - if you hang in there until the market turns around (and, don't worry, it will).

So here are three easy things that you can do right now to stimulate your massage practice:

1. Send out a killer sales letter to your current customer base with a fantastic offer. In this case, you absolutely SHOULD be promoting gift certificates. The spin that I like to use is how they can totally avoid going out in the cold, driving through traffic, and fighting the mall crowds by mailing my gift certificates right to them! All they have to do is mail in a check for how many they want to buy. It's even faster than on-line shopping.

2. Set up an endorsed mailing campaign with local businesses who cater to the same clients that you do. What you do is you approach businesses like hair salons, nail salons, gyms, tanning salons, etc., and work out a deal where they mail to their customers on your behalf and you mail to your clients on their behalf. It's free plus you're getting a personal endorsment from a business that these people already know and trust.

3. Contact inactive clients. This is a goldmine that's right under your nose! Send a reactivation letter with a special offer. You'd be amazed at how many of these people really wanted to make another appointment with you, but simpy haven't gotten around to it yet and they'll be glad to hear from you.

The cost of these techniques? Just a handful of postage stamps.

Oh, and about the personal news I have - I'm going to be a daddy for the first time! My wife and I just found out last week. (Now I'll be popping Xanax like tic tacs!)

Take care feel free to leave a comment or email me with any marketing questions you have at info@ultimatemassagesuccess.com.



Jeff

No comments: