Friday, August 28, 2009

How To Get Massage Clients With Twitter



Hi everyone! I'm writing this with an 8 pound farting machine on one arm and typing with the other. This is my first blog post since my son Jonathan FINALLY came home from the hospital last week after a 3 month stay. I've gotten a total of 11 minutes sleep - and not in a row! I mean, take a look at this picture. It says a thousand words, doesn't it? You know, I didn't think you could hallucinate without drugs, but I'm quickly finding out that you can!

And if anyone has any advice for how to deal with colic or severely gassy infants, please leave a comment! It would be greatly appreaciated. My wife and I are running out of ideas to help the little guy.

Since I'm up all night anyway lately, I've been on my BlackBerry (since I can't always make it to the computer when I'm in the middle of feeding this methane cloud I call my son) and I found out some really cool ways you can attract massage clients using Twitter. At first, I wasn't sure how this could be done with a local business like massage therapy, but I learned some really neat tricks that you can do with minutes of reading this to get prospects.

(By the way - you can follow me on Twitter by clicking here. I'll also follow you back)

Anyway, here's what you can do:

Let's say that you live in Toledo OH. Go to http://www.search.twitter.com/. Then type the words live in Toledo. It then pulls up any Twitter posts in the last 90 days from people who say they live in Toledo. Then you simply follow those people.

You can send them a message that says something like, "I notice that you also live in Toledo as well as me. Looking forward to your tweets." It doesn't have to be those exact words, but a personal message goes a long way when it comes to getting people to follow you back.

I just tried this for Toledo and a boat load of people came up. In fact, some of them were tweeting each other saying things like, "You live in Toledo? Me too. What part of town do you live in?" Try it!

This can also be done with Facebook. Just search for others in your area and send them a message that says you also live in (your town) and you'd like to add them as a friend. I've heard some very successful stories of people who built a large list of Facebook friends and/or Twitter followers and had clients/customers already waiting when the business was finally opened. Why? Because these new friends/followers already feel like they know this new business owner a little bit. A connection has already been made.

Another way to gain more friends/followers is by offering them a small gift. For example, for everyone who follows you, they can get a free PDF on how to relieve back pain in minutes. This can be done by emailing it to them or directing to your blog or web site to retrieve it. Easy, isn't it?

The master on how to effectively use Twitter is a guy named Perry Belcher. Check out his blog. It's fantastic! His knowledge on Twitter and YouTube is astounding.

Well, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

Take care!
Jeff

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jeff, this trick works! Got 87 new followers doing this. Thnx! didnt know you could do this.

John Mayberry said...

Hmm... Got to try this :)

Eileen D. said...

Hey Jeff - so glad to hear everything is going well at home. Know you've been through a lot with the little guy recently. BTW - when is your new course coming out? Cool Twitter stuff.

Dan said...

Jeff,
Try a 2 or 3 drops of peppermint extract (from the grocery store) in a small bottle of water for the colic. It worked with my sons who are now grown.

Jeff Sauers said...

Thanks Dan! We'll try it. Fortunately, the hernia operation helped alot. I asked the doctors if that could be causing is pain. They all said, "No, I don't think so".

Well, the stomach gurgling and most of the colic went away immediately after his surgury. Then I asked the surgeon in his post-op visit if it could've helped. She said, "Maybe. I mean, they can't talk - so maybe it was causing him pain"

Duh! Hey - if my intestines were tied in a knot, I'd be cranky, too!

Mary Kearns said...

i'll try it. when is your hybrid massage course being released?

Jeff Sauers said...

Hi Mary! Nice to hear from you again. I'm hoping to release it in October or November. Between the chaos of my son lately - and I can't stop fine tuning my course - it's very delayed.

Hang on - it's coming, I promise!

JennyWolfe said...

How about infant massage? Have you tried it yet? It does wonders makes them feel better and sleep better...that means maybe you can sleep too :)

Jeff Sauers said...

Hi Jennifer! It's funny - I don't know infant massage and I was just about to look for an infant massage DVD.

The good news is that he's been sooo much better after his hernia surgery. I think I'm still going to get an infant massage DVD, though. My doctor also told me about this incredible DVD called, "The Happiest Baby On The Block" that she swears by.

Thanks for the tip! Nice to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff,

Love your blog posts! That picture of you and your little guy is adorable!! I am glad to hear that he is home and improving after all he has been through. My first born also had a hernia and colic for the first 6 months!!! Even though it was almost 30 years ago, I KNOW what you are going through not getting much sleep. Hang in there, it will get better!

Angela in Texas