Friday, October 9, 2009

This Reality TV Show Attracts Massage Clients... Seriously!

There's a new guilty pleasure I found not long ago while I was home one Saturday afternoon. I'm flipping channels as I'm dozing off on the couch and I run across this reality show on the Bravo Channel that I got addicted to like crack. Not only that, but it brought back memories from when I used to work for others (shudder!)

Have you ever checked out that show Salon Takeover? It's a riot! If you never saw it, this woman Tabatha Coffey goes into hair salons and day spas and literally takes the keys from the owners and opens a can of whoop ass on everyone. But there's a lesson in this guilty pleasure...

It reveals just how bad these owners are at marketing their business. And these aren't rinky-dink hole-in-the-wall places. These are nice establishments. But holy jumping catfish are they horrible at promoting themselves. I mean, nobody is perfect. I'm not. But I remember putting my career into the hands of people who couldn't attract flies with a tub full of honey.

But there's also a huge opportunity for massage therapists. I've also learned that if you just show these owners exactly how you'll convert their existing clients into massage clients and not rely on them to give you work, they'll literally hand you their clients. I've had many, many salon owners and chiropractors tell me the same thing. It's just that they keep getting resumes from therapists which basically say, "give me work".

This is what my new course specializes in, which I'm finishing up now (when the baby lets me).

Anyway, I'd LOVE to hear your opinion of the show if you've seen it. Check it out by clicking here. We should start a forum on this show. Email me your thoughts on it at ultimatemassagesuccess@gmail.com.

So if you're currently working for someone else and are feeling kind of stuck, this show will open your eyes. And if you'd like a copy of my new free pdf report called, "10 Reasons Why You Should Absolutely NOT Be A Massage Employee (the ugly truth of what it's like working in the industry that the massage schools, organizations and magazines don't tell you)", just email me and ask me to send it to you. I'm sending it out next week.

And let me know what you think of this show if you've seen it. There's a lot to be learned about what NOT to do in your marketing.

Oh - and I want to thank everyone for their thoughts on what to do with a cranky baby! I really appreciate all the advice. He's doing much better now. He actually slept through the night last night.

And next week I'm going to post my first video and it's going to co-star the little tyke. It'll be entertaining, if nothing else.

Take care!

Jeff
ultimatemassagesuccess@gmail.com
http://www.twitter.com/massage_success

6 comments:

Barb Wiley said...

OMG - i luv that show!

sara said...

saw a couple episodes. The place I work at is pretty bad too

Bob Pierce said...

Never saw it. Not into reality shows. Do they talk about massage a lot? Glad to hear your baby's feeling better.

Kathy Connor said...

hey jeff - just went to the site. why haven't i heard of this show before? too funny

Anonymous said...

She's a total bitch!!!

Jeff Sauers said...

Yeah, she's a little rough - but I don't think she's a B. These people need a kick in the butt. Here's a story of what happened to me just last week. I was getting my hair cut at a new place I just recently started going to. The owner was cutting my hair. She stopped to take a cell phone call. Why? Her son got a good score on one of his tests. Are you kidding me? You stopped giving a client a hair cut for that?! And this isn't the first time something like that happened to me. (And these places wonder why they're not busy)