Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Easiest Way To Sell Gift Certificates At The Last Minute

I know this is last minute. I should've sent this post out a week or two ago. Our baby is taking up all my attention (although he's worth it).

Anyway, I want to give you a tip on how to sell massage gift certificates at the last minute.

If you've bought my course or read my blogs, you probably know what I'm about to say...

Mail Them To Your Clients!!!

Don't wait for clients to see a counter display. Don't even mail them letting them know that gift certificates are available. Actually mail your clients 2-4 gift certificates.

Here's the spin you should put on it...

Don't go on and on about how massage makes a great gift. That's the big mistake that almost every massage therapist does. Give the buyer as many benefits as you can for them that makes their life somehow easier. For example:

1. They don't have to drive to a crowded mall after work, stand in long lines, having to park a mail away in the cold, etc.

2. They don't have to worry about online shopping problems such as late delivery, ID theft, out of stock, etc.

3. The gifts are already in their hands!

Put a code on each GC so you know which ones get redeemed and which ones didn't. The gift certificates aren't good until they're redeemed. All the clients have to do is either mail or call you with their credit card info to redeem any or all of them. I did this every year with great success.

So if you haven't done it yet, I'd do it today and put the last minute spin to it. I'd also throw in a perk for them. Buy one get the next one half-off, buy 3 get the 4th one free, a free 15-minute massage for them if they buy more than one - anything you can think of.

And the BEST part is that a certain percentage of them will never get redeemed! That's more money in your pocket.

Sorry this post is short. Gotta tend to a crying baby.

Take care!

Jeff
ultimatemassagesuccess@gmail.com

No comments: