Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 Cool New Massage Package Ideas (I Guarantee Your Competition Isn't Offering These!)

Let me ask you a question - are you stumped about what new massage services to offer your clients? I mean, you already offer Swedish, reflexology, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, deep tissue, etc. "What else can I offer? Hmmm."



Here are two really cool ideas that I got simpy by listening to a few of my own clients just recently. (If you already follow my blogs and/or own my now sold out massage marketing course - you already know how I can't stress enough about why you should listen to what your clients are saying to you in order to get fresh ideas about exactly what types of massage sessions you should be offering that they'll LOVE you for)



First, I heard a client the other day complaing about how she always has cold feet (she's not the first client who ever complained about this, but for some reason the bell didn't go off in my head until she mentioned it). So I thought to myself, "Now, what could I do to help relieve cold feet? Many clients say they have cold feet and/or hands. I bet if I could think of a massage session that focuses on that problem, I'll be a very happy massage therapist."



What kind of massage modalities could you use to help ease cold feet? Let's think about this for a moment. How about relexology, wrapping their feet in a hot towel with some peppermint aromatherapy oil, tiger balm, and hot toe stones. Those modalities alone would be a great massage package for relieving cold feet.

You could do the same thing with cold hands. You can use paraffin dip (if available), rest a medium sized hot stone on their palms, hand reflexology, tiger balm, warmed moist towel - you see where I'm going?

This would be great to offer in the winter or if it's still cold where you live.

The other massage package idea is to help relieve sinus congestion. This is a huge problem with people in the Springtime. You could work on the sinus points on the face along with the reflexology points that correspond to those areas in the feet and hands. You could also include eucalyptus oil (which is great for people with asthma problems), tapotement techniques on their back to help break up mucus, craniosacral techniques that give space between the cranial bones. Also, if you've ever taken Paul St. John's NMT5 seminar, there are outstanding techniques for relieving sinus pressure inside the nasal cavity.

If you're an experienced massage therapist, think about this - have you ever heard any of your clients mention to you about how their hands and/or feet are always cold? Or has anyone ever complained to you about nagging sinus problems? Of course you have. That's why I always say...

Listen To Your Clients!!!

By the way, if you're on Twitter, follow me at http://www.twitter.com/ultmassagebiz. I signed up only last week and I already have about 80 followers without even trying! So if you're not using Twitter yet, you might want to jump on the bandwagon. Hopefully I'll have more Twitter tips for you soon.

Oh - and one other thing to mention on a personal note. Our new baby is going to be a boy! We're getting another ultrasound tomorrow morning. Everytime he kicks, Cheryl yells - "Get in here! He's kicking!" Of course by the time I get there, the little s**t stops!

See you next time! Go Villanova!

1 comment:

Massage marketing said...

That is definitely an unique idea. These doesn't require any new expertise but can meet the needs of the customer effectively!